SCC Minutes for Sunday, April 13, 1997
Teresa Palumbo (Chair and Social Ministry),
Scott Lindhurst (Secretary),
Scott Hanson (Outreach),
Tim Koehler (Education),
Nate Blair (Hospitality),
Kelly Brook and Scott White (D.C. Representatives),
Brent Christianson (Campus Pastor),
Laurie FoxPetrov (Campus Minister),
The meeting began with devotions by Scott Hanson.
- Outreach is done for the year; they called on about 80% of
their list. They will need more committee members for next year.
- Worship. The next worship setting is the Chicago Folk
service. There will be a special Earth Day worship on April 23.
- Education. Helen Ressler was here for the Fireside Chat on
April 9th. Kelly Brook is our next distinguished student lecturer. She
will talk about gardening and lead a cleanup of the LCC gardens on April
- Social Ministry is postponing the towel drive until the next
Eastern Europe trip gets closer. On May 2, we will be serving lunch at St.
Mark's. There are no more scheduled Thursday social concerns lunches, but
if there are leftovers from cost supper, there will be eating and
- Social Activities. The banquet is scheduled for May 2 with
guest speaker Jane Albright-Dieterle. We need to get 120 people to attend.
- Hospitality is looking for a new chairman for next year.
- Fine Arts. Terry Strauss will continue as chair.
- Directing Committee. There is a joint SCC/DC retreat Saturday,
April 19, 8:30-11:30 AM. Breakfast and coffee will be provided.
- Staff. Scott White and Kelly went to Deerfield to talk to a
confirmation group about faith after confirmation. This is a good way for
us to witness and spread the word about the LCC.
We need new chairmen for many committees. If you're not going to run, look
for someone who will take over for you.
What about an SCC appreciation dinner? We decided that after the next SCC
meeting, we'll head over to the Terrace to celebrate.
The Lutheran Student Movement state retreat will be here at the LCC in
October. We need help, so if you're interested, speak up.
There will be an overnight SCC retreat September 13-14 at the campus
center to induce bonding among the new members.
SCC minutes are available on the web at