SCC Minutes for Sunday, December 8, 1996
Teresa Palumbo (Chair),
Craig Parker (Treasurer),
Scott Lindhurst (Secretary),
Scott Hanson (Outreach),
Stephanie Lutter (Worship),
Tim Koehler (Education),
Korie Lebert and Teresa Palumbo (Social Ministry),
Kyle Markquard (to replace Korie on Social Ministry),
Krista Bultmann (Social Activities),
Andy Lubansky (Hospitality),
Scott White (D.C. Representative),
The meeting began with devotions by Scott White.
Correction to November minutes: Krista says that we only need 125 people at the spring banquet,
- Outreach has 4 students on the committee.
most of the people on their list, they are ahead of schedule.
- Worship. We're using Now the Feast for the Advent
services and will use another Marty Haugen liturgy setting in the Spring,
when the theme is the 12 minor prophets. There will be a special Christmas service for
the December 18th worship, the last of the semester.
- Education. Bishop Enslin spoke as planned on December 4th. The
Friday Bible study on the gospel of Mark continues in January.
- Social Ministry. Bethel members serve a meal at St. Mark's one
Monday a month, and we are welcome to join them. The offering from
Wednesday worship this year will go to Oxfam and St. Mark's food pantry.
The Spring offerings will go to the Eastern Europe camp drive.
- Social Activities. The winter banquet is Friday, December 13th
at the Campus Center and costs $7.
- Hospitality has recently served better snacks at Happy Half Hour
and has noticed many new attendees at worship. Remember to invite new
people to stay for supper!
- Fine Arts. Terry is out of town, but has arranged displays for
the next few months.
- Directing Committee is working on a fund drive. The ELCA is
cutting campus ministry funding and we need to raise $30,000 to make up
- Staff wasn't here tonight.
Our goal for the student fund drive was $2500 in addition to the $500
matching funds. So far we have more than $2200; Craig should have final
figures at the next SCC meeting.
We will make Lutheran Campus Center T-shirts. Scott Templeton will design
the shirt, but he needs guidelines and suggestions. We plan to make a
short-sleeved shirt with a small logo on the front and a large design on
We filled out staff evaluations of the Bonnies and our houseperson Ryan.
SCC minutes are available on the web at