SCC Minutes for Sunday, April 14, 1996
Craig Parker (Treasurer),
Scott Lindhurst (Secretary),
Brent Christianson (Campus Pastor), Laurie FoxPetrov (Campus Minister),
Scott Hanson (Outreach),
Chris Magnell (Worship),
Ryan Anderson (Education),
Krista Bultmann (Social Activities),
Andy Lubansky (Hospitality),
Terry Strauss (new Fine Arts chair),
Teresa Palumbo and Korie Lebert (Social Ministry),
Kelly Brook (gardener at large).
The meeting began with devotions by Scott Hanson.
- Outreach will have visited all of the on-campus people on
their list by the end of the year, but probably won't make it through
the off-campus list.
- Worship. The next (and final) worship setting this semester is the
Chicago Folk Mass. The committee is writing a new liturgy to use sometime
- Education. Scott White is giving a student lecture on April 19th.
He will discuss his bike trip across the country (Portland to Portland,
Oregon to Maine).
- Social Activities. Planning for the spring banquet (May 3rd) is
going well. In addition to the usual entertainment, there will be some
fun awards; possibly for the best (or worst) cost supper or most dishwashing.
- Hospitality's party last month was fun and included a viewing
of comet Hyakutake.
- Fine Arts. Terry has lined up the next show, which should
be going in soon. He'll have more artists lined up for shows soon.
- Social Ministry is running a book drive for Eastern Europe and
a school supply drive for poor students at Midvale and O'Keeffe middle
schools. On Saturday, April 20th, Kelly will lead a litter cleanup and
flower planting around the Campus Center; she has wonderful plans made
for the 618 bulbs she ordered. Finally, on April 26th, Social Ministries
will serve another meal at St. Mark's.
- Directing Committee. Brent says the last meeting was normal.
They have a new "interpretation committee" which is in charge of
communication with congregations (public relations).
13 people donated to the latest blood drive.
- April 19th: Scott White's Portland to Portland talk.
- April 26-28: Study retreat.
- May 1: Elections for the fall SCC immediately after worship.
- May 1: Planning meeting after cost supper (during dessert). We'll
brainstorm ideas for fall activities, taking about 5 minutes per
SCC minutes are available on the web at