SCC Minutes for Sunday, March 17, 1996
Bryan Anderson (Chair),
Craig Parker (Treasurer),
Scott Lindhurst (Secretary),
Brent Christianson (Campus Pastor), Laurie FoxPetrov (Campus Minister),
Scott Hanson (Outreach),
Ryan Anderson and Tim Koehler (Education),
Nate Blair and Andy Lubansky (Hospitality),
Teresa Palumbo (Social Ministry),
Andrew Seaborg (Directing Committee).
The meeting began with devotions by Nate.
- Outreach is having a group calling on Tuesday, March 26 at 5:00.
Scott says we should all come for the free pizza (and the calling).
- Worship. Chris isn't here because he's sick, but Brent says
that all is fine.
- Education. The next fireside chat is March 20th. Jeremy Porter
will talk about his experiences volunteering in Africa and India.
- Hospitality is still going. There's a committee meeting on Friday
at Nate's house to
practice being hospitable and experience hospitality.
- Social Ministry. There are many planned activities. First is
a YWCA spring fling, doing
spring- and Easter-oriented activities with kids there (dying eggs, having
an Easter egg hunt), planned for sometime after Easter.
Also planned is a school supply drive for two Madison schools with many
homeless kids; keep that in mind for those notebooks you never used this
semester. We'll again attend the Seder meal sponsored by Hillel. Finally,
once the frost is over, we'll have a spring cleanup and flower-planting
around the campus center.
- Directing Committee is discussing having new members start their
terms in May or August. Those are more logical that the current plan,
which has members start in January in the middle of the school year.
- Staff. Laurie says "Go to the LSM regional retreat."
SCC elections will be here before you know it, so start thinking about
whether you'll run again and who would make good candidates.
- March 20 at LCC: Fireside chat with Jeremy Porter
- March 22, 5 PM, LCC: Celebrate Jon Bohmann's new job (as a professor at Texas
- March 22, 7 PM, Nate's house: Hospitality get-together
- March 26, 5 PM, LCC: Group calling
- March 29: LSM regional retreat
- April 14: Luther Memorial student brunch
- April 14, 7 PM: SCC meeting
SCC minutes are available on the web at