SCC Minutes for Sunday, February 11, 1996
Attending: Brent, Nate, Andy, Bryan, Laurie, Tim, Scott, Ryan, Korie, Teresa, Krista.
Laurie passed out final total expenditures (for this fiscal year) for
the various committees. The committees will have to decide which programs
to keep and which to change for next year's budget.
- Outreach is still meeting on Tuesdays. They're now working on
their large list of off-campus people to call.
- Worship's theme for Ash Wednesday through the end of the semester
is The Ten Commandments. Ash Wednesday's service will be solemn with no music.
- Education sponsored a fireside chat with Cal Williams. The next few
fireside chats are on March 20 and April 17; one speaker may be Jeremy Porter on
his experiences in India and Asia. The Monday noon discussion group is also still
- Social Ministry is trying to get Thursday lunch speakers from the
Eastern Europe countries we're visiting this summer. They're planning either
a Valentine's Day or spring activity with kids from the YMCA, serving a meal at
St. Mark's on Feb. 23, and organizing a spring cleanup and flower planting around
- Social Activities. The Valentine's dance (Feb 9) was sparsely attended.
The Spring Banquet has been moved to May 3rd (from the 10th) to avoid conflicting
with finals, which start on May 11th.
- Hospitality is planning a get-together sometime in March, most likely
March 22nd at 7:30 at Nate's place. They're also taking responsibility to cool
off the multipurpose room before worship by opening the windows (it's almost
always too hot in there).
- Fine Arts. Scott Templeton's exhibit is closing in a few weeks;
then a new one will open.
- Directing Committee. To help the DC members understand the community
and activities at the center, we encourage them to come to a worship service
(especially the Welcome Banquet in September) or the Spring Banquet.
- Staff reports that the auction to support the Eastern Europe trip
turned out OK, bringing in about $5000. Laurie told us that she's taking
a sabbatical from May 1 to August 1.
SCC minutes are available on the web at