SCC minutes for Sunday, December 10, 1995
Attending: Laurie, Brent, Tim, Bryan, Andy, Ryan, Andrew, Krista, Nate,
Scott, Teresa, Korie.
We're going to end up spending more than we raised in the student
fund drive this year. That's fine for
this year (since last year we spent less than we raised), but let's use the
higher figures to set our goals for next year's fund drive.
- Outreach is still going.
- Worship. Chris skipped the SCC meeting again, but Brent reports that
the committee is doing very well.
- Education (Tim Koehler and Ryan Anderson)
are working on scheduling the fireside chats for the Spring semester.
- Social Ministry (Teresa Palumbo and Korie Lebert).
They found a TV for Jerome, the HIV positive person we're helping out this
Christmas. Andrew suggested donating the canned food from the food drive
to Bethel's new food pantry.
- Social Activities (Krista Bultmann).
We discussed the Winter banquet. Three ideas for next year: we might get
it listed as a non-alcoholic formal and get money from the student government
or other groups; perhaps we should schedule it a week earlier to avoid some
of the end-of-year pressures; and it would be nice to see more of our
Directing Committee members there next time.
- Bethel Campus Ministry Committee. Andrew Seaborg reported that
their Thanksgiving dinner was a great success. Planning for the Eastern
Europe trip is going well; a fund-raising auction is scheduled for February
- Staff: Seven students are going to the LSM national retreat
in Southern California.
Planning meeting feedback: How well did the after-dinner group
Having the planning meeting after dinner resulted in high
attendance, but many people were still eating and not paying full attention.
Instead of having everyone throwing ideas out in between
bites, we considered passing around cards to write ideas on or breaking into
- First worship of the year: January 17th.
- SCC meeting/retreat with the Directing Committee Saturday morning, January 27th, 8:30 AM.
SCC minutes are available on the web at