SCC minutes for Sunday, November 12, 1995
Attending: Teresa, Laurie, Tim, Ryan, Nate, Krista, Brent, Carrie, Bryan, Scott,
We have collected $1960 in the student fund drive so far, in addition to the
$500 in matching funds. Laurie passed out year-to-date (February to November)
lists of what the different committees have spent. The amounts aren't completely
accurate because they were pulled out after the fact from the center's main financial records, but
they are close enough to help us set budgets.
- Outreach (Scott Hanson).
The next group calling is November 27th.
- Worship. Everything is going great! The next setting we will use is
the Chicago Folk service.
- Education (Tim Koehler and Ryan Anderson).
Storyteller David Kesey-Berg preaches and holds a fireside chat November 15.
- Social Ministry (Teresa Palumbo) has extended their canned food drive
through December. The Thursday lunches are winding down for the semester; only a
few speakers are scheduled the rest of the semester.
We have volunteered to help out an HIV positive man for the Christmas season; more
details will be available later.
- Social Activities (Krista Bultmann).
There was only a small turnout at the Luther's Birthday dance. The next social
activity is the Winter Banquet on December 8th. Carl Anderson has agreed to cook
for the banquet, but we still need more entertainment.
Krista plans to have more Friday night potlucks in the spring.
- Hospitality (Nate Blair) is still cruising happily
along. Nate's happy that the Happy Half Hour has become more festive this year.
- Directing Committee is working hard on fundraising.
- Staff: Brent put in a plug for the LSM national retreat over New Year's.
After subsidies, the final cost is only $180 per person.
- Bethel Thanksgiving Dinner November 19th.
- Spring Planing Meeting after worship November 29th.
- Mini-retreat with the Directing Committee January 27th at the campus center,
8:30 to noon.
SCC minutes are available on the web at