SCC minutes for Sunday, May 7, 1995
Attending: Carrie, Scott, Andy, Jeremy, Korie, Chris, Laurie, Nikki, Brent,
Francis, Nate, Tim, Ryan, Bryan, Theresa, Scott, Craig.
Why isn't the Boundary Waters trip subsidized?
Because we usually only subsidize
less popular events to get people to go. There's no need to subsidize the
Boundary Waters trip because plenty of students are willing to pay full
price for it.
Committee Reports and Ideas for Fall
- Outreach projects for the Fall: Greet students at LM and Bethel
and make announcements there of the month's LCC activities; Serve bagels
and coffee after LM's 11:00 service; hold a welcoming barbeque for cost
supper on Sept 6 and the Welcome Banquet on Sept. 13.
- Worship (Chris Magnell).
He has worship service ideas, but the SCC doesn't need to address them now.
- Education (Tim Koehler and Ryan Anderson). Fall ideas: continue
the "Fundamentals for Non-Fundamentalists" series; plan some lighter
educational activities such as watching and discussing a movie (people
would come as a study break).
- Social Ministry (Teresa Palumbo).
One project is to publicize volunteer opportunities in the area.
Other specific projects will be decided later.
- Social Activities include an ice cream social planned for Sept. 8
and games nights the second Friday of every month.
- Hospitality (Nate Blair and Andy Lubansky).
Goals: more varied food at happy half hour (not just popcorn) and
sign up hosts sooner.
- Directing Committee Francis asked for feedback on the staff
evaluations, and we told him they took too long. Possible solution:
fill out one per week for 4 weeks.
- Staff had nothing to report.
- Francis is still working on email. DoIt's policy is to forward student
organization mail to the head of the organization, not give out a
spearate organization account.
- The Spring Banquet is Friday, May 12. Krista has recruited volunteers to
help set up, so the rest of the SCC can relax knowing they won't be drafted.
SCC minutes are available on the world wide web at