SCC minutes for Sunday, April 23, 1995
Attending: Jeremy, Nikki, Emily, Erik, Nate, Scott.
The Saint Louis trip was expensive: the student budget subsidized 2/3
of its cost instead of the usual 1/2. We wondered why some activities
are subsidized but others (such as the Boundary Waters trip) are not.
- Outreach had another group calling night and is still
meeting on Monday evenings.
- Education (Erik Rudeen).
Scott Klug came for the fireside chat, but our Earth Day speaker
cancelled on us. There are no more classes scheduled this semester.
- Social Ministry (Emily Farwell).
They are participating in a Lutheran World Relief project making school
bags (containing paper, pencils, ruler, etc.) for needy kids.
- Hospitality (Nate Blair).
Nate is tired of signing up hosts at the last minute and wants to sign
them up sooner. He'd like to sign people up at the beginning of the
semester, like we do with cost supper cooks.
- Staff was unusually quiet this evening.
- Elections are Wednesday, April 26th.
- The Seder meal was great. The people who went learned a lot and were
impressed by Hillel's excellent explanations.
- The Planning Meeting is after cost supper on Wednesday, May 3rd, and the
SCC meeting to follow up on the plans is May 7th.
- The Study Retreat is scheduled for April 28-30 at Indian Sands.
- The Spring Banquet is Friday, May 12th, the day before finals start.
Krista is planning it and will recruit helpers when necessary. All we
need to do is encourage people to come.
SCC minutes are now available on the world wide web at