SCC minutes for Friday, May 13, 1994
Attending: Bryan, Chris, Nikki, Eric, Jeremy, Jodi, Brent, Laurie,
- Outreach is A-OK.
- Worship will start the fall with the African Freedom Service,
followed by Let Us Enter In.
- Social Activities will probably continue with Friday night affairs
about twice a month, starting with a potluck and dance on Sept. 9th.
Sept. 23rd and Oct. 21st will be potlucks followed by some activity other than a dance,
Oct. 7th and Nov 11th will be potlucks followed by dances. The Winter Banquet is tentatively
scheduled for Dec. 9th.
The other social activity for the fall is a retreat at Bethel Horizons on
- Social Ministry. The first 4 or 5 Thursday lunches will feature
speakers on various religions. Later topics are relationships and the environment.
We'll probably hold a blood drive on Oct. 3-7.
The pre-Thanksgiving Oxfam fast is followed by a breakfast on Nov. 16.
Other possible activities are a prison visitation, making a board with
announcements of volunteer opportunities, and visiting worship services of
- Hospitality plans to spice up the name tags by having people
answer questions such as "what's your favorite color" on them. They
also want the hosts to be better greeters.
- Directing Committee had no interesting news.
- The study retreat was good.
- The Sunday worship was a good experiment, but we'd need more staff to
do it every week.
- The blood drive went well. Many people gave, and Brent had to pay them
off with his Italian dinner.
Planning meeting ideas and other dates
Other ideas from the meeting:
- September 7: Cookout
- September 21: Welcome banquet
- September 25: APT trip sponsored by Bethel
- October 2: Wollersheim Wine festival with grape stomping.
- October 23: Bethel luncheon to talk about Eastern Europe '96.
- December 3: Spring planning meeting, 9-12 AM.
- Try adding a 9 PM worship during Advent.
- Daily noon Advent devotions (15 minutes)
- Celebrate Luther's 511th birthday on November 10 by renting a hot
tub and handing out "Happy Birthday Marty" tumblers. Brent will check
into prices and feasibility.
SCC minutes are now available via Mosaic and other world wide web browsers at